Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Process Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupz

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
I am trying to automate a daily process. Basically, accounting does a manual release of a batch of invoices in the order-entry system which ultimately updates the SQL server tables. The manual release is done at different times by accounting. An email is sent out to an analyst by the DBA once the the sales batches have been updated in SQL Server. The analyst will, in turn, run a front-end database(Access) in order to reconcile the invoices on a MTD basis.

Since the batch update is done at different times. I thought of automatically running the database once the e-mail is received from the DBA based on either the e-mail subject line or sender's name. I do not have any idea how I would be able to do this in VBA. Can someone help?

Thank you.

First, what are you using to perform this "Manual Release"??
A query, macro, code???

Next, how are you sending the email? Is this automated?

Now when you say "DBA" you mean a person, not a program, correct? Are you doing the email manually as well?

If so, this process can also be automated. Their are a few examples of this in the tek-tips "Search" feature.
Once you have the email automated you can add code that will also launch your Access query or whatever you’re using, after the email has been sent. The code to automate the Manual Release part of your task is easy. Combine the two and your ready to go.

Just provide a bit more information on how you are doing everything now, and what programs you are using.

I may not be able to help, but someone else may with a little more info to work with.

Good Luck.

Fellow Automater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back