Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procedure entry point error

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteyes

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
NZ
Could anybody please explain simply why this error notice should appear and prevent me from using any search engine.I have windows 10 64bit system which worked fine
until two days ago. I use the pc for genealogy searching in the main, do not go to nefarious sites and back tracking can only put it down to a windows update that occurred
two days ago. The full msg reads.
The procedure entry point HtGdiCreateEllipticRgn could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll.
I did a search with the msg but could not understand what they were talking about.

I did a restore to the last update 5th of this month and all has returned to normal.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

My google search results were pretty vague. the fact you fixed it with a restore point is a good thing.

Its possible malware got in there somewhere and mess things up or a recent windows update.

Hard to know without looking into the event logs

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Thank you , I will look into the event logs, see if I can find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back