Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probs with updating via ePO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
SE
Hi

I've got a problem that is confusing me. I'm running an ePO with 100 clients (For now) and have been experiencing problems with the scheduled updates. The clients are running W2k SR2 och SR3 and VS 4.51 SP1.

I've set up a global task with VS update to run daily with a certain randomization. This task is enabled on the group in question. The problem is however that some machines won't run the update. When I look in the logs (Update.txt under VS and Default.htm under the agent) I see three different setups.
#1 I see the agent invoking the task in default.htm and the update string in the update.txt. This machine will be updated.
#2 I see the agent invoking th task but I don't see the update string in update.txt. This machine will however be updated.
#3 I don't see anything in my logs. This machine won't be updated.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have any theories of what to do with the machines that won't invoke the task and won't update?
2. Why doesn't the update.txt contain the information about the update on machine #2? I see it in the agent log and the machine will be updated.
3. In the virusscan console on the clients, the autoupdate task is presented as "not scheduled" even though the client has recieved an autoupdate task from the ePO. Is this a common problem?

t.i.a

/Eyas

Hello,
Can you give me a list of files that you have in your AV repository where updates will be pulled from? At a particular client, look at the AV Console and subsequently an update. Look under configure and see if you see the assigned task assigned from epo? Will it update at the client if you click on update?

AVO

I pull the updates from a Nullsession share for which everyone has read permission. The files in this share are the incrementals (.upd), Ordinary dats (.zip), sdats (.exe), delta.ini and update.ini.

I've checked the config in the AV console and I see the settings assigned by the epo. It will run successfully if I start it from the console. But if I have a look under properties for the autoupdate I won't see any schedule. Most clients will however run the updates in accordance with the task assigned by the epo.

/Eyas

Hi again

I checked the client with the problems and that one doesn't have the properties assigned to the autoupdate task by the epo. I also can't find the line Invoking task [VSUpdate] in the log of the agent on that client.

/Eyas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back