Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probs w/ Quantum ValueLoader SDLT320 and BE 9..1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmpman

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
Has anyone encountered this? I'm running WIN2K (fully patched) with Veritas BE 9.1 SP1. I have an Adaptek 39160 in the server with the ValueLoader attached on channel A with the correct Adaptec cable. When I boot the server the ValueLoader is on ID 3 (identified as ASYN) and the SDLT320 is on ID 4. Windows see's the ValueLoader as a Unknown Media Changer Device. The SCSI and DLT are identified correctly. When I run BE tapeinst.exe it doesn't identify the ValueLoader. This is my problem, if it can't see the ValueLoader I can't get BE to load a tape.

KMPman
CCNA, MCP-W2K

Unknow Media Changer in Windows is correct. its using them microsoft drivers. Backup Exec only provided drivers for the drive and not the library. When you run tapeinst.exe it only looks for a drive. Is backup exec picking up the library and drive?

Thanks for a quick reply. The tape drive is being picked up but not the library.

KMPman
CCNA, MCP-W2K

OK, here's what I've found. I ran a bediag on my backup server and it described the loader as "QUANTUM ValueLoader P11r." I then got into my registery and found that my VSDLoadTable doesn't have that entry! It just has an entry for "BENCHMRK Quantum ValueLdr".

A check of the Veritas WEB site shows that the VSD Load Table for Driver Release 43 (Backup Exec 9.1 4691) has the entry I need.

The question; How do I get that? I don't have Veritas support.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

KMPman
CCNA, MCP-W2K

just download driver release 43, or 44 now since they are up to it.
and then install it.
you dont need support for that.

I downloaded driver release 44 and applied it. It WORKS!

Thanks to all on this one!

KMPman
CCNA, MCP-W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back