Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probs installing 3904's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcall

MIS
May 9, 2003
US
deployed first set of 3904's but unable to get mwk or forward to work. All other phones 2008's and 2616's working fine.

VERSION 2111
RELEASE 24
ISSUE 24 +

fdn 7000
key 16 mwk 7000
cls mwa cfa hta cnda
hunt 7000

pressing message gets no response. trying to set forward and just keeps display showing "enter forward number" even after hitting 'done'. Also get error that hunt needs to be configured when tried to turn on cls cfta.

Also, in ld 32, get npr errors when trying fsum or other flash commands. Noted that FDLS required setting in ld 97 but when tried to enter type FDL in ld97, got sch error. Any ideas?

What release are your 3904's. The first two had problems, so you had to go to LD 32 and do a FDLU then enter the TN.
Also check your patches in LD 22 , ISSP at req. Several pathces are needed in 24.24 to make those 3904's work correctly. A forced download takes about 10-15 minutes a phone.Good Luck......

Dont forget you have to set LD 97 to do any downloads of 3900 sets.

Where can I find a list of patches. Did a print but not sure what am looking at. Tried nortel's site but guess not looking in right place. Need to know what to ask for as Sprint (my svc provider) charges per patch. Also FDLU returns NPR003 error and in LD 97 get SCH0111 when trying to enter type FDL.

Hi,

Flash download isn't supported on release 24.xx.

To flash download the sets you need a minimum of release 25.15

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

rls 24.24 does not support the firmware download commands.

here are the procedure of what i did before (not sure if i can remember it correctly).

1. you need to have a running rls 25 machine.
2. download the old firmware from the Nortel Website, you need to have "access" to download.
3. save this file to a pcmcia.
4. ld 143 > upgrade (same procedure as upgrading ism parameters but this time upgrade/downgrade 3900 sets).

tks for info, guys. What I did is went bad to retailer and told them what you've told me. They confirmed with Nortel that phones not compat with rls 24. They replaced phones with ones built with earlier firmware.

I would not fool around trying to get M3904's to work with this release. Nortel had lots of issues with the first release of M3904's and the X11 24.24 software release. The newer M3904's (Phase 3) are a lot better. However to use them the only release which Nortel sells now as an upgrade is Succession 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back