Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problen with activex or java with asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiona

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
I am trying to get crystal reports to work on the web. This is my first time to do this, and I downloaded some sample code from the crystal site. I open the page, and it shows the report viewer (interface) but noithing else. The report area is blank, and on the java it says it was unable to connect to the db. I have the odbc driver set for the sql database, and in the report designer it works fine. I tried both my reports and the sample that came with it. What could be the problem?

What's happening if you go to //servername/scrsamples ?
Can you run the samples?

that is another problem, when i installed crystal it didnt create the virtuial directories like it should have, so i dont see the samples. i am using win 2000 and the crystal is v8 pro. Do i have to have dev edition to do this?

I know for sure that Crystal ASP Report server and Report Designer Component are included into dev edition only.
Not sure about the Web Component Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back