Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with XP and Samba..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbizzle

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
US
Ok so here we go..

I have had a samba domain for almost 2 years now... various upgrades from new versions and what not, currently i'm on 2.2 with redhat 7.3. I have had all my machines join the domain fine, and logging in hasn't been a problem either, until now..

My drive crashed in my Linux box so I had to rebuild it. Not a problem..copy all my config files over and boom back on track right? wrong. I can't login to my domain with my xp box anymore, sign or seal is off, used to work fine until the drive crashed. I don't get it, same version of samba, same smb.conf, same version of XP no updates or anything, just doesn't work anymore. I'm slightly irritated, cause I can't get to my usual desktop cause Micro$oft tends to make thing over-complicated. I just want it to work again.*sigh*

any help would be great.

thanks.

Did you recreate the samba users?

See docs on smbpasswd.

Mmm, if you rebuild the domain then you would have to rejoin all the machines to the domain in order to give them fresh machine id numbers. Before you did that you would have to to tell all the machines that they were no longer in a domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back