Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with workflows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2011
PT
hello,

When one gets a generic error like this: "[Error finishing workflow step.]", where can I get more information about the error?

Also, if i cant make a step I cant finish the workflow, and do the task will stay in the assignments of the user... How can I remove a task like this from the system?

thank you

Depending on the error, you may see more in the THREAD and CONNECT logs which may give you some insight, otherwise you may need to look at the workflow settings or even debug through the Builder SDK tool to see what is causing the error.

One common cause can be an Event Script or Item Handler step after the current step which is throwing an error or returing false etc.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Hello,

The correct level of logging is enabled for opentect in geral or for each module? Where can I define that, because I cant find it in the adminpage.

thank you again

The logging level is a server level thing and can be found on the Admin pages in the Configure Server Parameters page.

Have you done the Livelink Admin training as this stuff is covered there.

Greg Griffiths

Hello,

But dispite the logs, shouldnt we have a method to delete the tasks as and Admin?

thank you

You should be able to interact with the step, but without knowing WHAT is causing the block then I can't answer the question for you, for example, you may not be able to delete a folder if there is content in the folder etc, so we need to know what in this specific case is stopping you.

Greg Griffiths

look in the wlock table and see if the workid,subworkid is listed there if so remove the row and re-attempt if it is back in wlock that means as Greg says something code wise is wrong

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

hi,

An example would be to have a workflow with a form task. The form task is in the assignment list of the user. If I change the workflow, for instance, deleting the form step, it seems the user (or the admin) will not be able to delete the task...

I know this is a stange problem, but it can happen.

thank you

Not sure if what you are encountering is true or non understanding of livelink workflow.in essence this is how livelink workflows work.
You create a repeatable process .You paint this in a MAP.this is a special subtype in DTREE.This is just like a document with versions et al.

When somebody initiates this OBJID livelink makes a temporary copy of that instance version(objid) and copies it into a database table in wmap.

The assignments and all user interactions are based on the copy of the map let me call it localcopy.When you suspend the map and repaint the map you are only affecting this local instance and the changes are made on your local copy.

If you cahnge anything on the original map definition that has no effect on this local copy.

If you delete the form step unless the local copy logic is aware of the change,did you delete it before or after livelink assigned the work,then that would be dependent on that.If not as you say it is a bug that requires OT intervention

Changing the dtree map has no repercussions on any running instance that was initiated prior to the dtree map change.That is what I am saying

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back