Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with VFP 9, SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grewegreg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2007
Has anyone else installed SP2 that was release 6/25/07? Though the service pack fixed several issues, it has caused many more. One in particular is similar to thread1254-1385616, only I am experiencing similar problems when creating an object from a class and then the object will not release (THISFORM.Release). The code was not changed and continues to function normally under SP1, but not under SP2.

I would like to remove this service pack, but it does not show up in the list of installed programs (Add and Remove) and attempting to reinstall does not offer an option to uninstall the Service Pack. Does anyone have any idea how to remove it?

Greg Grewe
Diamond Consulting, LLC

Can you remove FoxPro completely, then install it again, and install SP1 on top of it, but not SP2? Wouldn't it help?

From the people here in my company doing the VFP9SP2 testing.
1. DO NOT install SP2 on a computer without VISTA.
2. To uninstall SP2 you have to Uninstall VFP and reinstall.

David W. Grewe Dave

My 2 cents:

Do Not Install a Beta Version and expect it to work perfect. SP2 is still a Beta...

You may want to report this problem on other VFP sites as well to make sure it's fixed.

The right place to report problems with the SP2/Sedna Beta is the Microsoft Connect site. Start here:

and choose Visual Studio and .Net Framework. Make sure to indicate in both the title and the message that you're talking about VFP.

The only way to be sure the VFP team see your report is to post it at Connect.

Tamar

Thanks Tamar, I did create the bugs issues on the forum.

I did find a workaround to the original problem, not being able to release an Object. In the past, I have always create subforms and stored the Object in an array of the Calling Form. Since SP2 has been installed, I have not been able to release those objects stored in an Array of the Calling Form.

If I create a PUBLIC ARRAY and store the Object there, it releases just fine with either THISFORM.Release() or ARRAY[1,1] = .NULL.

Thanks again!!!

Greg Grewe
Diamond Consulting, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back