Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with trunk to trunk transfers. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumpus

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
Any one have any pointers on how to touble shoot why I can't get a trunk to trunk transfer. I have an option 11 release 25. I have 6 COT's terminating to a universial trunk card. What I'm questioning is when I programed the first trunk I typed in XCOT vs XUT. Could this help explain why?

Thanks for listening, I'm all ears. [bigears]

Gumpus

The Trunks (at least one of them) involved in the transfer MUST have full supervision. Also, check the RDB that these trunks belong to and make sure that TRMB is set to YES (Tromboning Allowed). Additionally, in the NET_DATA block, theres a setting for Trunk-to-trunk transfers. FTOP, I believe. Make sure thats set properly.

Hope this helps...

Kris

I will give it a try, thanks for the quick response!

Gumpus

Well, I changed FTOP in LD 15 to FTLY and on the COT's I changed SUPN from NO to YES and for STYP LBS? Also I made sure all sets have CLS CFXA and FTTU but I'm still not able to complete a trunk to trunk transfer. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Gumpus

[pc]

what about the ART prompt in LD 15 or 16 ?? Colin

Go into ld 21 and prt NET The TRNX and EXTT must be yes. Go into LD 15 and CHG type=NET to get to those prompts.

Does any one else have any sugestions?

Thanks,

Gumpus

Have you checked the TGAR of the set doing the transfer and TARG of the route members involved? If they match, then the call is prohibited...

I don't think TGAR has any thing to do with it, I can sucessfully set up a trunk to trunk conference call. And durring trunk to trunk transfer attempt it goes like this: Outside call is answered on a 3904 set on line 1 set up as a HOT D 4 XXXX (ACOD) XXXX (NITE) user presses transfer, gets stutte dial tone, places call to additional outside number, completes call to outside number. The problem comes in when the user tries to press "Connect" on the phone set. When "Connect" is pressed nothing happens. All that can be done is press swapp and go between the calls but can not connet them togeather.

Thanks for any help,

Gumpus

MOST DIGITAL CENTRAL OFFICES DO NOT GIVE ANSWER SUPERVISION BACK TO THE PABX ANALOG TRUNK PORT. OLD STEP CENTRAL OFFICES GAVE REVERSE BATTERY SUPERVISION ON ANSWER WHICH WOULD GIVE THE ANALOG TRUNK ANSWER SUPERVISION. NEEDING ANSWER SUPERVISION FOR TRUNK TO TRUNK TRANSFER YOU NEED A DIGITAL T1 OR DTI OR PRI TO THE CENTRAL OFFICE FOR THE CENTRAL OFFICE TO PROVIDE ANSWER SUPERVISION. COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM.

If memory serves me correctly, there is a MANO (manually operaated) attribute that defaults to NO in the RDB or member config. Try setting it to YES. I had a similar problem using HOTD with 2216s. It worked fine on 3900s and even 2616s, but there would be talk-path and transfer issues with the 2216s. Changing MANO to YES cleared the trouble.

OK, I think I know what prompt I need to change in the RDB, only problem is I cant figure out how to invoke the prompt to input the corect response. The RDB is as follows:

YPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 1
DES COT
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
PRIV NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8001
CPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
CRD 512
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
MR NO
MANO NO
EQAR NO
TTBL 0

PAGE 003

OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

I need to change the FEDC from ORG to ETH, but how. CDB?

Thanks in advance,

[bugeyed]

Gumpus

ONE ISSUE THAT HAS NOT BEEN SUGGESTED IS THE TRUNKS IN THE ROUTES INVOLVED SET FOR SUPERVISON YES IN LD 14. I STILL STAND BY MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT THAT IF THE CENTRAL OFFICE DOES NOT GIVE ANSWER SUPERVISION EVEN IF THE TRANSFER IS COMPLETED THE TRUNKS WILL NOT RELEASE WHEN DISCONNECTED. ALSO IN THE ROUTE DATA BLOCKS FOR THE TRUNKS INVOLVED BOTH NEDC AND FEDC SHOULD BE SET TO ETH. IF SOMEONE HAS AN INSTANCE WHERE ANALOG TRUNKS WORKING INTO A DIGITAL CO AND TRUNK TO TRUNK TRANSFER IS WORKING PROPERLY I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW IT HAS NOT FOR ME.

This COT is from a 61c that has no problem with trunk to trunk transfers. As you can see SUPN = NO.

TN 004 0 02 01
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
NCOS 0
RTMB 0 8
ATDN 5010
SIGL GRD
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 TRC LOL
TKID
DATE 6 MAR 2001

The switch I'm having the problem with is an option 11. Does anyone know how to invoke the FEDC prompt in the RDB?

Thanks,

Gumpus

LD 16 ROUTE DATA BLOCK
REQ CHG
TYPE RDB
DMOD RETURN
ROUTE ENTER THE CORRECT ROUTE #
RETURN DOWN TO CNTL ENTER YES

ENTER DOWN TO
NEDC ENTER EHT
FEDC ENTER ETH
ENTER ON TO END IT SHOULD UPDATE
MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHANGING THE CORRECT ROUTE

diveley,

Thanks for the info. I changed the FEDC prompt in RDB to ETH. Here it is:

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 1
DES
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
PRIV NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8004
CPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
CRD 512
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
MR NO
MANO NO
EQAR NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

A COT:

TN 007 0 00 00
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XCOT
FWTM NO
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB 1 1
ATDN 6000
SIGL LOP
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
PPID 0
BTID 0
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 LOL
TKID
DATE 22 OCT 2002

Made a test after these changes, still no workie workie. As for the CO not supporting a trunk to trunk transfer.... it seams far fetched but at this point in the game I'm becoming all but desperate for a soulution. But for now at least the users can use conference, and place the call on hold so they can get on with their day.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gumpus

YOUR TRUNKS SHOULD NOT BE LOOP START THEY SHOULD BE GROUND START. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANSWER SUPERVISON MARKED YES ON THE TRUNK. I DON'T KNOW IF THE TRUNKS ARE TWO WAY BUT THEY ARE MARKED IN THE ROUTE DATA BLOCK AS SO. TWO WAY TRUNKS SHOULD NOT BE LOOP START. EVEN AFTER THESE CHANGES I AM NOT SURE THEY WILL WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT ANSWER SUPERVISON BEING PROVIDED BY THE CENTRAL OFFICE. AND OF COURSE MAKING THE TRUNKS GROUND START ALSO REQUIRES A CENTRAL OFFICE CHANGE TO PROVIDE IT. IF YOU HAVE ADDITION QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

i thibnk you need to check the route to route baring in
LD 56
RART TABLE IF YOU WANT PASS CALLS BETWEEN 2 ROUTES THE ART TABLE SHOULD BE SET TO 0[ZERO]

In LD 15 (printed in ld 21) Net_data prompt FTOP - set to FTLY, On the set doing the transfer - cls=FTTU

Also, the incoming trunks need an ncos that will allow the call to the outbound trunks

You should have all your loop start trunks changed to ground. And Loop and Ground starting arangements should have SUPN = NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back