Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with the SA password

Status
Not open for further replies.

forostec

Programmer
Oct 5, 2004
CO
Hello, we have some problems because some malicious user change the SA password from my SQL Server 2000, how can i restore it or fix this problem?

Thanks for the help.

forostec,

I belive if you logon to the server with an id that has local admin rights, you should be able to go into Enterprise manger and reset the password.

pbjmam

Yes, you do have problems....how did an unauthorized user change the SA password? Was it a blank password?

As pbjmam says, you should be able to log on with an account that has admin rights on the computer and make the change.

-SQLBill

Just a followup question. What if you are having problems finding the Enterprise manger?

Madsworld,

How is this a followup question? It has nothing to do with what pbjmam has posted. But....

Maybe it's not installed???

First try this:
Go to Start>Programs>Microsoft SQL Server and see if Enterprise Manager is listed there.

If it's not there - it's not installed. Run the install disk and install the client tools.

You should have started your own thread about this.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back