Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with text in flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I was wondering why all the text I type in Flash looks like a poor quality jpeg when I preview my movie. Are there any additional settings for the quality of text in flash?

Thanks for your help, Maggie

What fonts are you using? What size are they? Are you embedding them? Is your text and/or the movie clip that holds it set on full pixels, i.e. x=376.0 & y=126.0 and not something like x=376.5 & y=126.7? Regards,

new.gif

Thanks oldnewbie,

The text was not set on full pixels.I never understood the meaning of that x and y value. I just selected the font 'impact' and set the height to 20 pixels.
I still find it weird that if I select a standard height value like 20 pixels ,the font is not on full pixels.

Thanks for your help.
regards, Maggie

Another thing... If you ever set this text in a movie clip, you should make sure the movie clip (x&y) are also on full pixels values, otherwise your text can again lay on partial numbers. Regards,

new.gif

Old,

isn't the problem that Flash only does
anti-aliased text?

I don't know why if it's vector that MM
doesn't give the options as in Fireworks
for "No anti-alias", "Crisp Anti-alias",
"Strong Anti-alias" and "Smooth anti-alias"
:)

Calmar

Status
Not open for further replies.