Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with TAFAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevensen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
We are experiencing that tafas (trunk answer from any station) works when an external call is ringing at the night service number, but not when an internal call is ringing. We have multi-tenant enabled and are trying this feature within the tenant. Any ideas?

tafas is a mitel term, look at directed or group pickup.. unless your using group pickup for small groups of phones now, put all stations in one pick group.. or set up directed pickup, where the user dial the code then the dn.. you can set that up on adl keys for digital sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, tafas might be a mitel term too, but definitely is a Meridian term. Some people might call it night pickup, but on nortel you dial spre+4 to pick up a call ringing at the night DN

your right, i've never used it as built for mitel, but it is not spree 4 in any switch i've played with.. it may be default spree 4, but the ffc codes we use as a company does not include any entry for tafas.. i've always set it up as directed pick.. i wonder if he has ld 57? tenant to trunk group access allowed for that inbound call.. i haven't used tenant since my sprint days... thanks for the reply..

if that's a tenant one trunk and your trying to tafas from other tenants, that's going to be blocked.. i had a simular problem at a cust. i had to take the night call and cfxa out and back in to a internal route that all tenants had access to.. i just wired a cot card to itself to create 4 outbound and 4 inbound trunks, used a maxp 1 acd (nit_data dn) to ncfw to a dsc that sent the call back out on that analog route, it hit the loop back an came back in auto term to the night bell.. that looped back route was the only route that all tenants had access to...

so if the call was for tenant, 1 2 3 or 4, the call still looped around and hit that one route and then the night bell.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 57
FFC TFAS

it's the code to pickup a call from any set when the NIT DN rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back