Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with showing all of webpage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosmokramer

Programmer
Sep 8, 2002
US
I am using absolute positioning on my webpage to place some text. The problem is that when you view the webpage (on a screen set to 1024x768), you can't see the text because it is too far down. I thought that because there is still more content on the webpage (the text), there would be a scrollbar on the side so that you could scroll down to see the text, but it only does that if there is a table or image down that far. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. To see what I mean, go to and set your screen to 1200x1024 (so you can see the text as it should be) then to 1024x768

This will trick MSIE into drawing scrollbars without displaying anything.

I didn't calculate how much you need but it looks like you have a script doing something like that alread.

<span style=&quot;position:absolute;height:2000px&quot;><span style=&quot;visibility:hidden&quot;>.</span></span>

----------
I'm willing to trade custom scripts for... [see profile]

Thanks. I didn't need the
Code:
<span style=&quot;visibility:hidden&quot;>
part though. That made all the content on the page invisible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back