Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with server login and Wireless Access Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlair

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
US
Hello, I am fairly new to wireless technology but have been learning more everyday. We are using Netgear ProSafe access points. I am having diff issues in three locations, but I think may be related. At location #1 we are having problems at the Novell login. If connected via patch cable, we login just fine but when logging in via wireless the novell client times out 3 out of 5 times and says No Tree Found. And then when it does login the login script hangs up. At Location #2 were we logging into server 2003, drive mapping fails. Location #3 is trying to use Nortons Ghost Console and Deepfreeze console which are network apps. There the Apps can see the remote computers only when connected with a cable. I am using the WAP as a DHCP server using NAT. I am wondering if this is part of the problem. Location #1 is the most severe problem I have been working on I just assume the others are part of the same issue.

The DHCP service should be coming from your servers, not the WAP.

NAT should come from your DC, not the WAP.
So, yes.

Recently I replaced a Netgear with 3COM Office Connect. All the login issues were gone after the swap. But, this is not a usful solution for me. We have several Netgears in multiple locations. I have also narrowed the issue down to a certain model of Laptop. To summerize, There is a problem with the Netgear FWG114P and the Dell Latitude D505. Any ideas of what it could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back