Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEMS WITH SCANNER HP 6300C

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlaakso

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
ES
I'm trying to install the USB Hp Scanjet 6300C. My OS is Win2000. The PC detects the scanner.
The installation seems to work fine but when I try to use the sanning app. I get the following message: "HP Precisionsca.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows".
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Precision Pro software but it keeps showing the same error message.
I've also checked user permisions and everything seems to be allright.
Can someone please help me ?

Where did you get the drivers? I had a similar problem with an HP scanner and XP (dont' remember the model) A new driver from their website solved it.

I downloaded the drivers from HP.
I don't know why, but finally the Scan application is working. The trouble now is that I think something is wrong with the scanner. My computer just 'dies' if I try to scann something. I'll try with another computer and if the problem persists I will have to repair it.

I´m having troubles with Scanjet 6300C.
When I try to Scan something, the Scanner stops on a "Warming Lamp" message that spends about tree to five minutes for each time that I try to scan.
Could someone help me ?

Thank you

I am in the same boat as all of you. I have downloaded all the drivers and anything else. I was on the phone with HP the other day where I had 4 engineers and myself working on this problem and we never solved it. So who knows what to do looks like it is time to buy a new scanner.

I too am having an issue with HP scanners and USB connections. I wasted half my day in the office trying to get this straight today.

I followed this document and it appears to have solved my problems, I really wont know til the girl is back that uses
the scanner. I had thought I had it solved before and she somehow managed to make it hang up again.

Anyways I have been fighting this fight with HP for almost 2 months, and this is the best results I've had so far.

Good Luck
It will be awhile before I purchase another HP scanner for the office thats for sure.

I to am having the Lamp Warmup problem with my HP Scanjet 6300C. I have spent at least 4 Hrs. E-Mailing back and forth with HP and they finally said I would have to take it to a repair center, that they couldn't help me.What really upsets me about HP is they can't tell me if it software or Hardware probems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back