Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with running ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tan1981

Programmer
Aug 16, 2006
PL
When I try to run ant -buildfile my_build.xml, ant always runs build.xml file instead my_build.xml
The same when I try to run ant with any other option like ant -h - it should give me some help and instead it runs build.xml
Can anyone tell me what is going on? I am quite sure that all classpath's, path's are set correctly
cheers, tan1981

Hmmm, using -buidfile (although I usually use -f because it is less typing) and -h works ok for me - I am using version 1.6.5. Try renaming the existing build.xml file and retesting to see what result you get and let us know.

I tried it many times, and still got the same, ant looks for build.xml file and writes "Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed"

can you help me?

tan1981

1. List your environment variables
2. List the contents of the directory you run ant in.
3. List the contents of your build file - "my_build.xml".
4. Run: ant -version and let me know the results.

Regards

Bill

Hi Bill,

I have no idea what was going on, the fact is that now everyhing is ok - but really, I didn't do anything to solve this problem, just wrote ant -version. It looks like a sci-fi story, or just a common copmuter error - if it doesn't work we don't know why, if it works we don't know why either:).

cheers,
tan

Hi there,
These may be obvious questions, but
do you have an environment variable ANT_HOME set?
is ANT_HOME\bin in your system's path variable?

Sean

Hi Sean,

yes of course I do have ANT_HOME set properly:).

cheers,
tan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back