Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Restore on Netware 5 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMISHAWZ

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2007
GB
Hi,

I am still quite new to arcserve and netware 5 so sorry if this is a silly question.

I am trying to restore by tree and all that is displayed is as follows

Novell Directory Services
- BMICHI

Novell Servers
- CHI1

When I click on either of these it doesn't display anything else. I only want to restore one file and not the complete server.

Any help much appreciated

Try to use "Restore by Session".
You should be able to restore a single file from there.

Thanks Anndy,

When I try to restore by session even after clicking on the + it will only let me restore the entire session and not a single file. any idea's anyone?

Are you logged on as the ARCserve admin or the user that created the backup job?

I have tried it with Arcserve Admin and also my id which has been given full admin rights.
The job was created using the arcserve admin id.

after clicking if you are not able to see containts of the session, you need to merge this session.

Uses merge utility and select this particular session for merge. Depending on data it will take 2 to 3 hours. After successful merge u should see contents of this session by clicking +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back