Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with report based on stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertrum

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I had a hideous report to write for one of our customers. As it required a union of two datasets I wrote a stored procedure to do the business (customer DB is Interbase 5.6, which doesn't allow unions to be performed within a view).
Created the report using my procedure in Crystal 8.5, and it works fantastically. However, the customer is unable to access the report (error 534) from the distributed viewer which is part of the Delphi CR components. They have no probs running any other reports, so I'm assuming the use of stored procs requires a dll which the customer does not have? Does anyone know what this may be dependant on or if an existing file needs updating?

Thx

It may be that the user doesn't have rights to execute the SP, test that.

Also, you'll generally get better performance using a temp file and 2 selects over a Union.

-k

<slaps self on head> Yup, forgot to grant privileges! It's working now, thanks for pointing out the simple thing I'd overlooked.

PS: It's not using a union per se, just 3 selects - couldn't use a union in IB5.6 even if I wanted to :(

Crystal won't allow 3 selects returned as a single recordset, anyway, glad that you got it working.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back