Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with quark need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
in illustrator you embed well i need to do the same thing as that but in quark how can i do that can anybody help...????

You can't embed files in Quark.

You could save the pages as EPS files, then the files will be embeded. If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

On a MAC you can't embed, however, on a PC you can. It still is a very bad idea to embed any graphics. The files get way too big and if a graphic turns up RGB what is a person in imaging to do. Nothing can be done. The original file does not exit. Please place graphics not paste. Let freedom ring!

1.EPS can embed graphics and fonts to display them on screen. I you try to print that EPS file, you will require to have the source file for the picture and the fonts installed.
2. PDF can embed fonts and images completely that is what you see on your screen will be exactly what you get (a high resolution output). :)

Yep, Creating an EPS / PDF may solve these problem of embedding eihter the fonts or pictures.
Follow the suggestions by Rosscage.

Regards,
TechLeo

~` Outline your Ideas `~

Hi,

Regarding EPS files, I don't think you need the source file for the pictures, just the fonts. One potential problem with EPS files, though, is that you can only save one page at a time. PDF files can save the whole document, including the fonts and pictures, although sometimes it can be a bit difficult to save them correctly.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back