Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with publishing dir movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartier

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
BA
I,ve created aplication for the multimedial CD presentation, and now the client wants the exact same Web Site.

The problem is that i have some kind of error when publishing that dir movie.

It aborts publishing and writes:
Problem writting file 'my file path':-50

What could be wrong? I have mpgs and swfs in it, could it be something with that?

Please help

Hei,

Hm, not really sure, what the problem is. You say, that the client wants the excact same presentation as a website. So, are you publishing it in Shockwave now?
As far as I know, there are no problems with mpgs and swfs within Director. What version of Director are you working with though?

Adrian
(travel website)

Hi,
I have the same problem before.
They ask me to download the updates of Director or the updates of my Window OS.
Although it does not work....
I finally have the problem solved because my supervisor thinks there are too many unused cast members.
But I'm not sure if it is this that causes the error.

You can try any of these if you like.

Hei,

So, have you solved your problem then, or not? If not, please explain excactely what you are trying to do and then where the problem occurs.
Did you try to attach a file? Can't see it. Try again.
Adrian

Check your file size...if it is large, remove all unsed cast memebers then go to project settings and fine tune down the size...id sound mono, 22,000, lower jpg size to minimum, compression standard, then try it again...if you have alot going on, like multiple animations at the same time with real colorful images, it takes alot of memory to open, Web pages must be small...Computers informs you the only way it know how to, wish programmers would take the time to give youthe meaning or the error, not just a number.
hope it helps...Graphics Girls

Thanks for all your help. I solved the problem by making the web site all over again in HTML, becouse they wanted to be able to change it ever once in a while. :) clients r like that, im sure u all agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back