Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Prompts AGAIN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaamchor

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2003
SA
Hi All,

When I prompt a user, How do I make inorder to make the prompt be shown as in ALPHABETICAL ORDER in case of Character Oriented prompts and chronological order in case of DATES ? Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

You Could Prefix the first parameter in the @prompt with the number. for example for the first prompt "1. Applicant ID" and for the second prompt "2. Location." This way you could manage the order in which the prompts should be displayed.

Keep Smiling
Shoot

hi Shoot,

Probably I was not able to present the question correctly.

When I prompt the user with a "Date Oriented" prompt I want the List of Values to be displayed in the order of Chronological way.

Like I have a list of values( Apr 03, May 03,Jun 03....)
I want the LOV to be displayed accordingly.
They get displayed Alphabetically only.
So is there a way I can do that in BO.

Sreedhar.

You could change your LOV in the universe. Add a column with this date formatted in a real date and sort it on that column. You're LOV now consists of 2 columns with the same information so it's not that "beautiful" but it will work. Or just make it a correct date-format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back