Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Outlook 2003 Rules and Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKent

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
Not sure whether this an outlook problem or Exchange 2003 problem. I have set up a rule to forward specific mail to my cell phone. I have tested it and outlook indicates by the forward icon that the mail is being forwarded. The problem is that is never received on my cell phone. I have verified the email address to the phone and can send new messages from Outlook to the cell and they are received. Can someone suggest a solution.

Thanks

Are you attempting to send ALL messages coming in to your phone? If so, you'd be far better off configuring this at the user account level in AD.

If not, I'd create a (new) very simple forwarding rule (forward everything) to the phone and see if that works.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

I set up the alert for all emails to be forwarded to my cell phone and it still doesn't work automatically. I can go in and forward them manually and they go through. It is the strangest thing

If you want all emails forwarded to another account, you'd be better off setting this in your account profile. This puts the burden on the server.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

No I don't want all my mail forwarded to another account. I just want mail that is being sent by a few folks forwarded to my cell phone. The rest of the mail can go to my inbox until I can get a chance to read it. I am away from my desk for periods of time and I want to be notified when people send me mail, for instance my boss or coworker. I only set the alert for all email as a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back