Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with opening files in Wordperfect 10 on Windows 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffyshabbi

Technical User
May 30, 2002
CA
Hi Everyone,

Ever since I have installed Wordperfect Office 2002 on a machine which was recently upgraded to Windows 2000 Professional I have been having problems opening files. I have installed all the latest service packs, yet everytime I click on File - Open in wordperfect it takes at least 30 seconds before a menu pops up to ask me what I want to open.This only happens in word perfect. All other programs seem to be working fine.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this as it is very frustrating

Thanks in advance

When i open Corel suite 8, it hightlights everything by itself. I have to close and open again to be normal.
Help!

Thanks,
Michael

The problem may be Win2k.
I had the same problem with ANY program or application that opened a browse menu of files and folders.

Never did solve it. GlennA
MIS, IT, Gofer

We have just upgraded to Windows XP on several workstations that have to use Wordperfect 6.1 for several months until a conversion to MS Office is complete. Wordperfect runs fine with one exception. Everytime you save changes to a file, a temp file is also created in the same directory which we have to delete manually. Does anyone have any idea how to get WP to cleanup after itself?

I had a similar problem and resolved it my renaming the odma32.dll to odm32.old as well as the groupwise odma files. (Do a search for *odm*). Of course, if you are actually using odma integration, this won't work.

I know this sounds odd, but I had the same problem and I changed my display properties to 32-bit and the problem was resolved. I have found Corel kb articles stating that 16-bit is optimal for WP,but apprently that is not the case with this issue.

I have the same problem opening files in corel. I tried changing from 32 to 16 bit but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back