Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with one-x portal and Sophos Web Intelligence Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkellow

Technical User
Oct 4, 2010
GB
Hi,

I've been having some truly appalling reliability issues with one-x portal on a UC110 (including the latest 8.1), whereby Internet Explorer 8, Chrome & Firefox wouldn't even connect properly. Sometimes IE 8 would connect, however take an age to present voicemail messages, sometimes you could initiate a call however then not drop it, sometimes your browser would simply just drop out. I tried turning off firewalls and pop up blocker, adding to trusted domains, changing compatiblity and protected mode etc etc etc.

My colleague mentioned he had similar stability issues too, this time one-x portal on a Windows server.

We are using Sophos Anti-virus. I've found that "Sophos Web Intelligence Service" is started. Apparently this is disabled within Sophos (we don't have admin rights ourselves to change or view further). However when we stopped the service, one-x portal behaves properly; both for me (on the UC110) and my colleague (on a windows server).

Perhaps this will save some time if you are finding similar problems? Hope this helps.

regards
PK

You answered your own question i guess :)
Try to find out if you can put the 1XP webpage in the trusted zone.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yes 1XP is in the trusted zone. I posted this, as spent a long time getting to this point, and thought I would share it, to save someone else the pain. [bigsmile]

regards
PK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back