Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with NETGEAR ME-102 causing BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltex66

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
AU
I am experiencing a problem with a Netgear ME-102 wireless access point.I have tried using this access point on 2 different machines and both times it causes blue screen crashes.These crashes always occur on a reboot but often the will happen during normal operation of the PC. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with this or other wireless access points? thanks

Are you using this as a bridge? or for ICS? Those are the only two reasons why the AP should be connected to the computer directly.

Perhaps the new drivers and firmware may fix the problem.

I assume your are using the USB connection. Maybe try the ethernet connection instead. You'll need a x-over cable or a switch/hub in between.

How can i manage the access point if i dont have it connected to a pc? I need to able to access to determine things like what channel it uses,name,DHCP or static etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back