Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with my printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rargi2002

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
AR
Hello everyone:
i have a problem with my printer. When i send a work to print, the printer is delayed for almost a minute before it starts to print.it is too SLOW!!!!! I have deleted all temporary files.I was told that temporary files make slow the running of foxpro.
Please, any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

You probably need to change your spool settings in the print manager to 'Start printing immediately' or 'Print directly to port'. More than likely, it isn't a Fox issue. Probably a printer driver settings issue.

Dave S.

I assume that your application was written in Foxpro for DOS and working within a Windows environment - since this is typically the circumstances where this problem occurs.

For some good suggestions to addressing this problem, look at the following thread and follow the links within it
thread182-282964

Good Luck,
jrbbldr
jrbbldr@yahoo.com

at the end of the program

type : set print to

this will eliminate the delay in printing......

twas my problem before in using foxpro for dos ....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back