Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with multiple routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottshot

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2001
US
I am having problems figuring out how to configure the firewall to be able to see multiple routers. On my firewall I have 3 nic cards: one to the external address, one to the DMZ subnet(192.168.100.0), and the other to the internal subnet (192.168.1.0). Our network is part of a WAN that contains several other subnets. Two of our subnets have HP9000's (192.168.70.0, 192.168.55.0). I am trying to assign static IP's to these HP boxes so that clients can access them via telnet. From the firewall I cannot ping these subnets (192.168.70.0 & 192.168.55.0). I have tried defining these subnets in the firewall, tried NATing to an internal address, but I cannot see them from the firewall. In addition, I have tried configuring the routing table so that anything that is going to these subnets will get routed to our gateway to the WAN. When I do a tracert, it appears to trying to go out the external interface. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mottshot

Hi,

What OS are you running the firewall on:

(generic answer will do, eg:
*nix, Appliance, Windows)

If you have a command prompt run:
netstat -rn

and include that.
(If you wish to be more secure with your IP addressing, doctor the external addressing to the 10/8 network :)

Otherwise I'm afraid that it can be kind of hard to figure out how to help you.

Have Fun

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back