Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvia23

Technical User
May 22, 2003
ES
Hello!
I've installed 8.1.7 Oracle Enterprise Edition with Windows NT and I've an application in C++ Builder 5.0. I'm trying to access to the Oracle DB through the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle but I've problems and I can't connect to the database(ORA-12154 TSN couldn´t resolve the service name). But I think Oracle is well installed because when I try to access database with SQL * Plus no problems happen.
The most curious is that in other pc I've probed the conexion with Oracle using ODBC and I hadn´t any problem, the only difference was the version, it was Oracle 8 Personal Edition.
Is it possible that I'm using an old version of ODBC? Could I use other ODBC controller for Oracle? If it´s so, where can I find them? And what do I need to do to install them?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Bye,
Silvia

Good morning!!
I've solved the problem. It wasn´t at Oracle, the problem was the ODBC, I was using and old ODBC that it wasn´t compatible with the Oracle version installed on my computer. I've downloaded and installed ODBC for Oracle 8.1.7 and all works fine.
Bye,
Silvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back