Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with MD110-IP-Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalrl

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
We have huge problems with IP-Telephony - more then 200 IP-Phones DBC4425 in a 2LIM-BC12-MD110. Ericsson is involved for weeks and supports with new Firmware and new cards and Patches and so on. But it seems to be, that Ericsson can not give us references for big IP-Installations in the world. If you know similar big installations, let me know. Who does not want to give the customernames here, send your answer to my mailadress md110@gmx.net

New Zealand Police have a large E/// IP phone installation - 4 major nodes, I think, with around 9000 IP phones overall. Not sure how many LIMs though, or maximum number of IP phones per LIM.

I have installed 130 IP phones with 6 ELU32 cards. Running BC12sp4 (12.1). We use tagged voice and we have no problems

I think he's referring to MPLS tagging (it's a cisco feature). the voice IP packet gets a little header (tag) so that this packet can be prioritized along it's route

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Main issue by larger telefone over IP is that there are no priority in the system. Telephony have to be set to higest priority long way before WEB browser and email.

My opinion is that if you have a well designed network, you don't even need to implement QoS/CoS.
Tagging is NOT a Cisco Feature and has nothing to do with MPLS in this case. It is used for QoS or Layer 2 Cos.
It's always easier to say that the problems appears because of the Data Network.
Maybe Ericsson will fix their problems about the IP Telephony, so we can offer the customer an IP Solution with more then 100 User without having nighmares....

Do you still have these problems???
Could you be more specific about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back