Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Lotus Notes Mail & attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvio

Technical User
Jan 26, 2000
IT
I can't read the attachments in Lotus Notes Mail, what can I do ?<br><br>Thanks

If you don't have the application that opens that type of file, you won't be able to open it. I.E., let's say the attachment is a *.ppt, if you don't have MS PowerPoint, it won't open.

Thanks JustDaniel, but i have problems with .jpg files, i can't open it.

Another thing you can try is to look in the VIEW: OPTIONS: FILE TYPES ( in windows explorer ) to see what application is associated with .jpg. Normally if you have Internet Explorer installed it'll say EXTENTION .JPG / OPENS WITH IEXPLORER.

Thanks Just, I receive the .jpg or images files like a string and not like a image. do you understand ? best regards.

Problems Opening Attachments in Lotus Notes client published on Citrix

When I use the Note Client locally on server, applications opening fine no problem. However, when Notes Client is opened in Citrix session (terminal server), get error of &quot;Can not locate program&quot; Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Elvio, IF the text string has the word &quot;begin&quot; at the start and &quot;end&quot; as the last word you can copy and paste the text block (including the words begin&end) to a file (e.g. temp.uue). If there is a lot you may have to copy&paste in sections (but dont get any extra spaces etc in it). Get a copy of freebie UUDecode.exe and you will be able to decode the original file attachment. I think this is an issue with mail from MSMail [noevil] , but I am not sure, either of that or the the reason. Maybe you want to find out what was used to send the original mail to you.

I have a problem with Lotus Notes clients (versions 4 and 5) running on Windows 2000 / Citrix XP servers. Launched as a published app, if the user has their Internet browser settings within Notes set to use Internet Explorer, when they try to launch a htm document, an error appears, saying &quot;Unable to locate program&quot;, Internet Explorer then opens, but with an empty page as apposed to opening the attached file.
This problem only occurs when running Notes as a published app. If these steps are repeated from a desktop session, everything works as expected. I have been using regmon and filemon, but so far to no avail.
Anyone seen this before...

I currently have this issue opening htm documents from within Lotus Notes 5. Opening from a published app causes an error "Unable to locate program". Has anyone got a fix for this?

millerrmc,
Came across this on tweakcitrix, if its still an issue for you it may be related.

"...
Looking at each user's registry, I noticed that under:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts, there were no entries for .htm or .html files.
I resolved this by ammending my login script to insert a .reg file to each user, that looks like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.htm]
"Application"="iexplore.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.htm\OpenWithList]
"a"="iexplore.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.html]
"Application"="iexplore.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.html\OpenWithList]
"a"="iexplore.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

Found
Excel issue may solved by this...

Other possibility...
1. Open the Windows Explorer.
2. Locate a file of the same extension type as the attachment that was being detached from the email.
3. While holding down the SHIFT + CTRL keys, right-click the file.
4. Select "Open With" from the menu that appears.
5. Select the appropriate program with which to open the file and also check off the "Always use this program to open this type of file" option.
6. Click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back