Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Java/ActiveX in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeWhoRoams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
Here's a strange problem I've ran into. 2 PC's of mine (both dells running SP2, one a laptop one a desktop)
had a problem where internet pages with java/activex wouldn't run.
The interface just did nothing when clicked, etc etc.
The first computer I did somethings, but had to get it up and running quickly, so I did a windows repair with the CD.
Worked, all is fine now.
The other computer, was much farther away, and I was able to spend sometime researching it through remote desktop. After a while I ran 'regsvr32 jscript"
and all appeared fine.
Except for one problem: javascript button that try to grab data from databases do not work.
Spefically, we have an internal page that populates a spreadsheet from a SQL database, and it does nothing. Doesn't even look at the database. This problem exists on 3 different pages.

On a somewhat related note, the PC locks up at the activex security part of a PCPitStop diagnostic.

I'm out of ideas and will try anything, since the other option is driving out there and running a windows repair (wasting an entire day)

I am somewhat unclear which of the downloads at msdn.microsoft I want to install

they all sound like they are for programmers

im installing the top one, and running that fix, wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back