Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with integrating XML with different text fields 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGROD

Programmer
Feb 7, 2002
US
Basically my client wants to see data in a scrollable text field and not let a user select it and copy and paste the text in to another source. Protected text.

I am feeding my movie text from an XML source. But I cannot figure out a way to do this without the text being selectable and able to scroll. I have the text feeding in to a Dynamic Text field and I have the "selectable" property unchecked...so that worked. But I can't scroll the text with the Dynamic Text field. But when I feed the same text in to a TextArea Component I can scroll the text but I can select it (not good). Any suggestions?

Why not just attach a scrollbar component to your dynamic text field? You still have control over the 'selectable' property that way.

Flash MX 2004 Pro does not have the scrollbar component. It has the scrollpane component and I don't believe it can be used in this instance.

Thanks

In MX 2004 Pro it is called the UIScrollBar. If it is not present in your components panel update your software. It was included in the last update (7.2). You can also download updated components from Flash MX for use in MX 2004 Pro.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

You're kidding. I'm glad they brought that back! Can I customize it?

One problem I have with the Dynamic Text field.

I'm brining in text from an XML file and I use a css file to control the font size color and other things (style). When the text shows in the box it seems to be at font size of 50 or higher. When I remove the instance of the css then my text takes on the property settings of the Dynamic text box, references to pictures do not show, and the xml tags show along with the text.

I added the css back to control the style but no matter what I do I cannot get the font size down.

Any suggestions?

The UIScrollBar is an AS1.0 component?

The css is working except for font size. All other styles are showing fine.

The UIScrollBar is a 2.0 component. Was it working before and can you post the code from your CSS?

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

The font size in my css is set to 12px. But when the movie plays it looks 24px. Changing the font size to 6px makes it look 12px on the movie...so I'm okay with that. Glad the scrollbar component is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back