Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with incoming email on new MS Exchange Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisymatilda

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
We just had Exchange Server 2003 installed on new network in office. We can send mail, but cannot receive. We use Verio to host our e-mail. Previously we had POP & SMTP set to "companyname.com" for both.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

More info required. Is the mail now being delivered directly to your mail server, if so have the isp set the mx record up for your domain. Has the box been set up to receive mail for 'yourdomain.com',,etc,,etc

Hi again.

We are not hosting our own e-mail at this point. We are using the POP 3 connector on exchange. We are able to send, but no receive. All settings appear to be correct.
Thanks.

I had a similiar problem and it took forever to find the fix, but i got it. What you need to do is this:

Open IIS manager
Go down to your SMTP Virtual Server | Properties |access tab

Go down and click the connection button

Ensure ALL EXCEPT THE LIST BELOW radio button is checked.

By default, the ONLY THE LIST BELOW is checked, and when i changed to the other one, mail started to flow like a river. Test is out after mail works by changing it back, you will see what I mean.

One more thing, make sure you restart the services on the SMTP Virtual Server after you make the change.

Cheers,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back