Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Impromptu Catalog 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesquilin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2004
US
When I trying to change my impromptu catalog Database connection to a new database schema with the same tables. I also change the user sign on to this database. The result is this all-impromptu report associate to this catalog did not work properly. When I execute the report al have errors associate to the fields define in the catalog. How I can fix this error.
Thanks,

First you need to verify your tables. If any show up with a red X then one of these things is wrong:
1. There is something wrong with your database connection.
2. The objects are not the same in your new location.
3. The UserId does not have security to those objects.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Have tried to make "Qualify Less" for your tables in Catelog? By default tables in a category are fullly qualified. Here is the description about table qualification.

You can qualify tables in SQL queries to ensure your users access the correct tables.
You can use unqualified table names to control how selected tables are qualified in SQL queries. You can qualify tables with information on database, owner, table, and column. By default, tables are fully qualified.
You can remove the qualifiers for table names at any time.

Example

You have a catalog of sales data, containing one table called sales, that you are testing before releasing it to your end users. You qualify the table as <test>.<yourname>.<sales>, identifying the table as belonging to the test database and to the yourname owner. When you are ready to release the catalog, you remove the database and owner qualifiers to identify the table only as sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back