Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with getURL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuggerFanta

Technical User
Apr 22, 2002
SE
Hello forum Users!
I have some problems with my menu ( the problem is that it dont´t getURL, what do I do wrong??

The links always goes to the first URL in the menu, in both of the menus, but there is a URL for all of the choises in there.

PLEASE help me!

Preveview:

Download source:
--------------------------------------
Kind regards;
HuggerFanta

why don't you try with invisible buttons?

onClipEvent(mouseDown) is related to any click of the mouse, so it doesn't really matter where the mouse is on the stage. That is probably why it only executes the first getURL, because there mouseDown is handled for the first time.
If you really want to do it right you haev to make a function that looks for the mouse coordinates and compares them to the mc coordinates.

I, for one, would use buttons.

Diana.
diana@cyberslotz.co.uk

by the way, have you noticed that in case you click outside the menu while the menu is closing, it will still handle the mouseDown event and will take you to the first link?

that's because it still receives that mouse click, even if you're not on the menu. Diana.
diana@cyberslotz.co.uk

The way around that is:

Code:
onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
    if (hitTest (_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse)) {
        getURL ("page.html");
    }
}
Regards
David Byng
bd_logo.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com