Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with exporting reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmarious

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
IL
Hi,

I'm having some problems when trying to export my reports to Word and Excel formats :

1. Even those I don't use boreders with my charts I keep getting borders on the left and top of the charts.
2. When I try to export formulas that include any of the page counting functions (pageNofM, PageNumber, TotalPageCount etc.), even after being transferred to string I keep getting "Page 1 of 1" on every page (even when I have over 10 pages).

In addition ,I know it's a basic qestion but still, I want to start every value of Group 1 in a new page. I used the "New page after" option in the section area but then I get a blank page in the end of the report. How do I do that without the blank page ?

Thanks

Dmarious

To ensure that you don't get a blank page at the end of your report do the following:
(1) Check the box "New Page After" in the group footer.
(2) Click the X+2 button.
(3) Insert "Not OnLastRecord"

Dave

Thanks fr the answer, does anyone know what I can do with the export to Word and Excel ?

Dmarious

Crystal Decisions version 8 does not support the following features with current export DLL for word and excel
1)Page N of M
2)Page Number
3)Total Page Count
However, Crystal Decisions version 8 does support HTML export of these features.
I'm not sure if this will work but try exporting in html then save in word and in word and excel.

DaveM

Thanks Dave,
But what I'm trying to use the Java Viewer, ad the export to word and to excel from the viewer itself. Does later version (8.5) support the listed functions ?

Dmarious

Hi,

I am having same problem in exporting crystal report to MS Word. The total page count is being displayed wrong i.e. 2 of 1 instead of 2 of 6 assuming the total page count of the report is 6. I am using CR 6.0.

Please let me know how to get around this problem.

Thanking You,
Babu Vechalapu

The problem is Crystal doesn't support pageNofM etc. functions when converting to word on any of the versions (so their technical support says). I guess we'll have to find another way to solve this problem - if you find one, let me know cause I didn't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back