Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Exporting Reports and other minor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannga

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
GB
I have a function which controls the export if my reports.
On my test server all my reports export without a problem but as soon as I move the solution to my live server the reports no longer export?

I get the following error message
"Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it."

Any ideas?

I would also like to setup a print button so that when people click on it my reports will be converted to pdf and then printed through adobe.

And the last thing is that I am just about to change my SQL server login from 'sa' to something else. But when I try and open my new reports I get errors saying the username or password is wrong. How do I set the username and password from the ASP.NET page?

Here is the code I am using at the moment

crReport = new ReportDocument();
crReport.Load("C:\\Inetpub\\ReportViewer.ReportSource = crReport;

Short and sweet....

Thanks,
Gavin

hi
are you calling your report from asp pages or a vb app
pg

Mannga,
I have a question (sorry, no suggestion).

What or where does your function reside? Is it in Crystal, if so where, or is it outside Crystal ie. VB, etc.

We're trying to automate a group of reports to automatically export to Excel, which point we'd rename and save elsewhere.

Thanks, and good luck on your issue.

Well I am displaying my reports using C# and .NET and all I have done is created an external component.

I then pass the Report Document and details to this and this handles the export.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back