Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with embedded real player in firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellmoon

Technical User
Dec 6, 2006
GB
Hi,

I am trying to embed an rv file created with realproducer basic in a web page. I am using the following code:

Code:
<object classid="clsid:CFCDAA03-8BE4-11CF-B84B-0020AFBBCCFA" type="application/vnd.rn-realplayer-javascript" >
         <param name="src" value="mymovie.rv">
         <param name="autostart" value="true">
         <param name="controls" value="imagewindow">
         <param name="console" value="video">
         <param name="maintainaspect" value="true">
         <embed src="movies\chrishaslam.rv" type="application/vnd.rn-realplayer-javascript" autoplay="true" width="320" height="240">
         </embed>
      </object>

It works fine in IE7 but nothing displays at all in FireFox 2. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this will fix the issue, but we had a problem with thr flash player not doing things in firefox when the object tag didn;t have an id tag.

try adding one to that and see what happens

Hope this helps!

Tony

thanks for the tip but it didn't help....

thanks monksnake, the links in the page you linked to weren't great but made me laugh, the link to the solution to the firefox problem just says that firefox insn't actually supported! But thankfully I got it working, I was using the wrong damn type attribute. Strangely enough, to make video play, I had to specify the audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin type!

cheers anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back