Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with dual BRI on a NM-2W, 3660 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakiraun

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2000
CA
In two of our offices, we have 3660 MB-2FE routers. For line backups, we got a NM-2W module to place in the 4th bay, and in it put 2 WIC-1B-U cards (BRI ports with built in NT1s). The problem in both cases is that the router shows both BRI interfaces as 4/0, instead of 4/0 and 4/1. So far, Cisco has been useless for resolving this problem. Their recommendations have been to install new IOS versions that will work properly with the hardware, but we've now tried every version they could recommend to us: 12.0.7, 12.0.7XK1, 12.1.1T, 12.1.2T, and 12.1.4. Has anyone ever run into this problem, and if so, does anyone know how to resolve it?

on your sh run what appears in the 4/0 and 4/1 interfaces .I had a problem on a 3660 router seeing a card and the thing was ( 2 items ) I had a bad card and I had to reload the router after programming . Wierd , however TRUE . Oh one last thing and I'm sure you have already done this, but what shows up on ( show diagnostics ) ?

I know a guy at Cisco thats really good with ISDN

Mohammad Dada
| | Customer Support Engineer
||| |||
.|||||. .|||||. Email mdada@cisco.com
.:|||||||||:.:|||||||||:.
c i s c o S y s t e m s

"Empowering the Internet Generation"

Give him the case # and I'm sure he will help you out , Good Luck !!!

We actually have Cisco involved in this case already. So far, they have made 6 or 7 attempts at solving this problem. The last effort involved shifting the register at boot-up to sort of side-step the configuration (it was the Cisco Tech's theory that the current config might be erroneous in some way). That didn't work either. As Bjhagroo suggested, I tried accessing the subinterfaces, which seems to work, so I'll try actually testing that with lines. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back