Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with dialing 4 digit ext. and not hearing the person, dialing full number you can hear them

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionPax

Technical User
May 28, 2013
US
Hey everyone, I am noob to the cs1000. I am having a problem with one of my sites and their extensions. When dialing their 4 digit ext., the phone will ring and then pick up as if someone is on the line, but I can't hear them. Now if I were to dial their full number at the said site, I get through just fine and can hear them and vice versa. Can someone please enlighten me on what would cause this issue. Like I said before, I am a noob to the cs1000, and have navigated it pretty well thus far, but this has me stumped. Thanks to all who reply.

Ok KCF, you have convinced me....lol. I will get a tech to check into this asap. i appreciate your quick responses KCF and hope you will help me, if needed, in the future. Thanks again.

If you could KCF, please tell me how you know that I am using IP trunking between the 2 sites. For my reference in the future of course.

Just by looking at the the way they named the DES as H323 and the trunks as VOIP is what convinced me you are using IP trunks between the 2 sites. I'm almost thinking your trouble may be at the main site and not at the remote site. You say you can dial the full # and the call goes through and you can talk. However if you call the 4 digit # then you have 1 way audio. My first inclination is you have a media card/ dsp issue in the cabinet at the main site you are calling from. It's hard to tell though without doing some troubleshooting. When you make a call from a TDM phone over an IP trunk there is a meida card or DSP resource to convert the TDM to IP and the IP back to TDM. When you are having 1 way audio like this typically that is the issue.

Yea KCF, when dialing the full number example: dialing 9+xxx-xxxx...I get through with no problems. Audio to and from. Dialing just xxxx ext., is when we have the problem. I have an ATT tech coming in next Monday,this will be a problem that I will present to ATT tech at that time. I will definitely print out all we have talked about here and see if this can be resolved.

Well good luck, I think once the tech does some call traces he will be able to see exactly what route the call is taking and isolate the trouble. Please post back and let us know what he finds. Always good to know for future trouble.

Agreed. Again, thank you for taking the time to help me out. It hasn't been that hard to understand this system, but sometimes a man needs help..lol. Take care

As Clint Eastwood says, " A man has got to know his limitations" , we've all been there for sure. Good luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back