Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession") 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsinger3

Programmer
Oct 5, 2000
US
Hello all. I'm not sure if this is an asp problem or a Lotus Domino Notes problem, but here it goes....

I have the following code on my web server:

dim s
Set s = CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession")
Call s.Initialize

The CreateObject works fine, but the next statement receives this error:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0030'
Error in loading DLL: 's.Initialize'

I cannot figure out what the problem is. This works fine on 2 other development servers, but not our production server.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thank you in advance for you help.

Steve
sms@hmbnet.com

'Call' is a keyword in VB. I'm not sure it's a keyword in VBScript. That's probably not a problem if it worked on your test servers.

Check to make sure the Lotus component is properly registered on your production machine. If that's not it, I'm out of ideas.

Kor, thanks for your response. The Lotus componets (nlsxbe.dll) is registered properly. I even un-registered and then re-registered it just to make sure. It still gets the same error message.

Any other ideas anyone?

Here's a cut/paste from MSDN VBScript documentation regarding your error number:
~~~~
Error in loading DLL
Your application references a DLL that cannot be found. Alternately, a DLL may have referenced another DLL that cannot be found.

To correct this error

Make sure the DLL is present.
Use the entire Path name when referring to the DLL.
Obtain the referenced DLL and make it available to the other DLL.
~~~~
Another idea is to use the ClassID in the Server.CreateObject statement instead of the name, just in case your server is trying to find the wrong component.

first of all, if it is ASP, shouldn't you change the "CreateObject" to "Server.CreateObject". Second, delete the word "call". Let me know if it worked.

---
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back