Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with ControlTip Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusMgr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have a form in a database that I dev. in Access 2000. I have loaded it on several Access 2002 machines. When I hover over a control that I have included a ControlTip Text on, the text shows, but when I move the cursor off of the control, Access locks up and I get the MS Error Pop Up box. If I click debug, I get another popup box that the instruction at <memory address> referenced memory at <memory address>. That memory could not be read. The addresses are always the same.

The caption on the popup is CiceroUIWndFrame:MSACCESS.EXE - Application Error.

I have rebuilt the query and the form. Before rebuilding the form, I could not include the ControlTip Text on any control, now it appears to be more selective and lets me put the ControlTip Text on some controls, but it does not appear to be specific!

Thanks for any help in advance.

BusMgr

Not sure if the problem is related, but two circumstances that caused me to have that error:

- if the &quot;Track name AutoCorrect &quot; option is checked

to uncheck, from the Access File menu go to Tools/Options/
General and in the box that says Name AutoCorrect, uncheck
the field listed above.

- if you have an HP printer driver installed, this is a known problem as well. See KB article Not the exact problem you're having, but it can't hurt to try the fix.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back