Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Comcast Modem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernasty

MIS
Jan 6, 2006
US
I am having a problem with my Comcast Modem, its a Motorola SB4200. I bought a new computer and I am trying to connect the said modem to the new computer. All the wiring is connected correctly through the USB slots, but the computer can't recognize the modem at all, and the "activity" light on the front of the modem is also blinking. The computer I am using now works perfectly with the modem, I can un-hook it and re-hook it back up with no problems whatsoever. Is Comcast simply registering the modem to this computer? I sent out an email to Comcast and they replied telling me to "power down" the modem, which means simply turning it off for about 5 - 10 minutes. I did so and still it will not recognize the modem on the PC. This modem doesn't have any drivers or software to install, it is simply plug and play. Please any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts!!!

Hi
on the computer you are haveing trouble what window version is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back