Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with call answering after update ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everyone:

I did an update the other day, and since then, we've been having some issues with leaving messages for people on their voice mail.

For example, if we call a number and there is no answer, the voice mail comes on. In the middle of leaving a message, the Nortel lady comes on and says that the number isn't answering and we then get a fast busy tone and the call drops. Looking at the display of our 1230, we usually see a change when a call is answered. It goes from "ringing" to "online". In the cases where the call is dropping, we're not seeing "online" - it just says "ringing" and never changes. Is there something I need to tweak?

Thanks everyone!

This problem seems to have resolved itself. We had a lot of problems for a couple of days, and then it went away. Perhaps a problem with the SIP carrier?

Well it's not a Nortel system so depending which lady it really is (and what exact phrase) might tell if it's a carrier issue or not.
If it was the carrier then maybe there was an issue with the UCx mail not answering.
"ringing" to "online"

I do not know the system (and answering because forum has gone coldish) but would assume "online" just means the phone is plugged in and connected to the UCx?
That might also indicate it released the call since voice mail did not answer.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord. It was strange. Usually when we make calls, we'll see the phone's display change from "dialing" to "ringing" to "online" once the party either answers or we get voice mail. In a number of cases where we saw the issue, we never saw a change from "ringing" to "online". The system thought that the call wasn't answered (probably after the timeout set in UCx settings) and even though the call did go through, the system thought that it hadn't, and then the nice Nortel lady came on and said no one was answering, and that was the end of the call. I wonder if we might have been having some issues with the SIP provider and it just happened to coincide with the updates we did. I haven't gotten any complaints the past week or so, so hopefully it resolved itself. Always something! Thanks for helping, really appreciate it.

Yeah - looks like the forum has really slowed down. Either that, or everyone's systems are humming along and there aren't any issues to talk about. :)

-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back