Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with c#/MyODBC and Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorianWS

Technical User
Jul 12, 2003
US
I need some help...

I am trying to retrieve spanish from mysql through MyODBC and c#. The problem I'm running into is that Internet Explorer is displaying funky characters. For example: instead of Español it is showing Espa¤ol.

I was able to retrieve it correctly using PHP so that leads me to believe this is a C# or MyOdbc driver problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Try to use a DataTable and set the Locale property ti Espanol.
Code:
CultureInfo ci = new CultureInfo("esn-ES");
   theDataTable.Locale = ci;
obislavu

obislavu,

Unfortunatly that didn't work. I'm still at a loss.

When debugging in Visual Studio, do the characters display correctly in the watch window? If so, you've probably got a font problem. Otherwise, start tracing backwards through your code to find out where they're being mangled.

Also - are you 100% sure they're stored correctly in the database? Can you use another tool to verify this?

Chip H.

I found the problem guys. This is going to sound really dumb. I was entering the data directly into the mysql database. I thought it was odd that it would should up when I queried from the db but it was messed up when quering outside the db. Sure enough I entered the data through asp.net. Now it looks good in asp.net but not in the database which is close enough!

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back