Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with bnchmark dlt1 on Dell Poweredge 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkk

Programmer
Jan 4, 2002
ES
Hi, I use Arcserve and i´ve problems with backup,s. (stadistics transfer is 6,5 mb/m)
The scsi target bios is configured with trasfer 20
My question is: ¿ How i optimize this transfer ? or ¿what´s happen?

Thanks

Which version of ARCserve are you using? We use ARCserve 2000 sp3 here and get local backup speeds of around 200-300MB/min. We haven't tweaked any settings - possibly you just have an out-dated ARCserve install that doesn't support the DLT1 very well. I also assume the 6.5MB/min you quote is for a local backup not across a network?

Arcserve version is 6.5 build 620

Are there service packs for it ?

Arcserve version is 6.5 build 620

Are there service packs for it ?

Update your SCSI 39160 Driver to the latest. I have seen this fix many slow performance issues. You can download the latest from Dell's site.

Neal

checkk,

We use ArcserveIT at work (6.61) and had a similar problem. It all revolved around the "block size" that the Benchmark drive was configured for, if I remember correctly. We were getting very low transfer rates, but once we upped the block size, it worked great! I do not remember the exact changes we made,but if I get a chance tomorrow, I will look up the change and forward it to you.

Look at block size.....

KJ7GF

checkk,

Here is what we did to resolve our problem:
It was on the second "CTRL-A" Screen for the SCSI configuration. We were trying to figure out why the backup rate was so slow. (Needed to change the default block size from 512 to 64K, which we did. It solved that problem.

Hope this helps

kj7gf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back