Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with a WIN 2000 Pro Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmelgar

Technical User
Jun 7, 2003
US
I'm trying to install win 2k and i get the followin error when i start the install from the 4 boot disks

=

File \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
The error code is 7

setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

=

Here is my system

Asus P4B533-E Motherboard
Intel 2.53MHz Pentium 4

1GB Memory

RAID 0 installed with 2 - 60GB hard drives

1 IDE 100GB hard drive for all my mp3s etc
Yamaha CD\R
Panasonic DVD Player

Does anyone know what this error is about?

Thanks

Have you tried starting the install by booting from the 2k install CD?

I no little about RAID setups - but don't they need you to supply driver to install early in the process (press F6)? Did you do this?

Yeah I did the F6 when it prompted me...

I think it has to do something with the BIOS

so I will try contacting them and see if I can get an updated one. Or I might try pulling the CMOS battery and restore everything to default settings.

did you enable onboard raid?

thats the same error i was getting when i tried to load winxp on my p4 3.06 with onboard raid 0 setup and didn't have the raid drivers.

Nick
Computer Support, no not just hardware.. I support everything :)

you mean

making sure the dip switch in the motherboard was set to "on"

i have the same problem with windows xp pro.

pc froze for some reason...which normally happens coz i havent formatted it for a long time. then upon trying to reboot it says that

File \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.

or something like that.

tried booting from xp cd to reinstall, tried changing hard drives so i can install the os on a diff hard drive and just copy the files from the old one to save it but still the same error.

ive read somwhere that i should try flashing the bios??? but that thread on a diff forum was old and the person didnt post anything after that. (if he tried flashing and if it worked or not) i also read somewhere that it might be the ram. dont think so though.

ill try again when i get home. and post what happens to this thread.

does anybody have any idea what causes this and what part of windows gets corrupted. why doesnt it work even with a new fdd??? bios got affected??? weird.

Hi, looking for some answers to a similar problem I have having, I found an article on the ms site:
No good for me, but it seems to be exactly the same problem you are having. Hope it helps.
Good luck.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back