Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with 4620SW IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
We have quite a lot of these phones and seem to have a handful of them that suddenly fail to work (at different times).
When this happens the phone looks ok and is in service and can be dialled but no voices are heard eitherway. Also the buttons do not respond and we can't get an outside line.

When this does happen all the other phones in the office work fine - the phones with the problems need to be rebooted for them to work again?

Could this be something to do with any of the phones settings or could they just be faulty?

You could have a faulty CLAN board that they're registering to. Check the board of the phones that seem to work fine, and then check and see if the faulty ones are on another CLAN card...

Thanks,
Chris

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks Chris, We have around 160 phones that register between 2 clan's. The rest of the phones are fine so I don't think the clans are at fault.

look into your display events for the stations that this is happening with? Also keep tabs on which extensions are having this problem and what interval it is happening, what is the DHCP lease time you have set on your DHCP Server. I have seen in the past when too many phones request DHCP at one time that some don't get the DHCP renewal and as a result reboot.

Also what firmware are the IP Phones running (2.1.3 is the latest and can be downloaded from

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Thanks VOIPEng, I'll look into the display events and DHCP lease time.
They are running the latest firmware.

In the denial events I get the following when this happens..

Event Type: 2018, Desc:IP FURQ-Mtc: H323/Vphone,
Event Data 1: 8815
Event Data 2: 0

It seems as though some maintenance procedure has unregistered the phone?

Any ideas?

Hi,
you're not posting the platform your on, but check if the Switch has the lastest release as well. Are Pc's or laptop's connected in the back of the phones ?? Check for dodgy Nic's. Try to set the port speed in the switch on a fixed speed.. I know this is fairly basic..

Also check the CPN's on the avaya website

Sorry, we are on CM2.0. The architecture is basically an s8700 at our main site, and 5 remote offices using G700 Media Gateways.
Each office has a mixture of laptops and pc's that connect through the phones.
All firmware/software is at the latest release and we only have this problem at 1 remote site, even though each site is set up identical.
We have plently of IP address's available withing the DHCP scope.
Thanks

If your display on the phone is there (i.e. Your call appr and time is there) but you have lost voice, check your Medpro. Do a 'list trace sta xxxx' and find out if the UDP port being assigned is in your network region for that ip addy. If so, make sure your medpro is not exhausting its resources. No voice w/ display can also be a lost of icmp between the sites. Are you able to ping the medpro? Are there any restrictions from the remote site? Check to make sure the ports arent being blocked. 1719 UDP & 1720 TCP should be wide open and your UDP range. Just to be safe, lock your remote site to 10mb full as well

In the future everything will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back