Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with 2 Digium TE410P cards on a Dell 2950 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TantaComm

Technical User
Jan 26, 2012
US
Recently I purchased two Digium TE410P cards and installed them into a Dell 2950 server running Asterisk. If we put both cards in the server, it will crash before we get into Linux, if we switch to one card it will run fine for a couple days and then the server will lock up. I know it is not the server as we have tried 3 new servers and they all do the same thing. Could this be a driver issue, or a firmware issues with the cards? I am really at a loss where to even start and hope I can get some hints as to where a good starting place is.

Check the firmware version of the boards. Version 9 boards have a known problem. Version 10 supposedly has resolved the problem. I have heard the firmware can be upgraded, but have not done that myself.

Where can I find the firmware for the TE410P's. I dont see it on Digium's site.

my understanding is it depends on the generation of your card. Some cards have to be upgraded by Digium.

The first gen cards would be pretty old. 2nd and 3rd gen cards are supposed to be field upgradable.

I just remember the older cards having interrupt problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back